Friday, July 31, 2009

Bake Sale


As many of you know I'm part of a military wives Bible study (called Protestant Women of the Chapel...www.pwoc.org) here at Camp Lejeune. We are trying to raise some money to provide free childcare this fall, any mom knows this is a vital part of Women's ministry and especially here as many husbands are deployed a lot and mom's just need a break. And what better way than to delve into God's word while their little ones are being taken care of. The Lord has blessed us with providing a place to meet on-base, books, and some funding from our Chaplain's for childcare, but unfortunately childcare isn't cheap so we have been fundraising this summer. Hence our bake sale. I've been busy with many other ladies baking & getting ready. We had it this morning despite the 91 degree weather...but the Lord provided some shade and some customers. We made about $78 which I was happy with...but of course was hoping for more. The Lord has definitely been taking us on a journey as we have been trying to raise money, it has been a slow process, but in the past 3 years we've had this Bible study the Lord has always provided...we know He will this fall too. I just need to continue to trust in Him. :)




I made some cupcakes for the bake sale, they were chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting...the frosting was amazing!! I had to share the recipe. :)


Peanut Butter Frosting

1 1/2 c. powdered sugar

1 c. peanut butter

5 TB butter

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp salt

1/3 c. heavy cream



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails