Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Saga of the Big Boy Bed....

So the first week of transition from the crib to the big boy bed went great. Then little man realized he could get up...pretty much anytime he wanted. So for the last week we have been attempting every suggestion from parenting books, friends, people in line at the grocery store, websites...you name it. First step was we invested in a gate, because he can open doors and usually if mad enough can take the plastic doorknob covers off that are suppose to childproof. Well the gate was not tall enough because after one day we were climbing it. So we moved onto a taller gate. One suggestion we had was to put him in his room, lock the gate, and leave him in there until his nap time should be up. Well I checked on him a couple times the other day, he was happy, singing, not sleeping, but thought I would give this method a try...below you have the results!! We have since been taking him back to his bed every time he gets up, not talking to him or interacting with him. After two days of this, thoughts of losing my sanity, and lots of prayer, I think we might be onto smooth sailing soon...I'll keep you posted.

My sweet little boy

...who managed to do this while "napping".
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails