Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tex-Mex Chili Recipe

So I have acutally been cooking again...it's been awhile. Tonight I tried a new recipe for Tex-Mex Chili. It was awesome, so I thought I would share it. It was from a Rachael Ray magazine and presented as an award winning chili. Not sure what award that was, but it sounded good enough for us to try. It was decided it was definitley a keeper. :)


Tex-Mex Corn Chip Chili
Serves: 6
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 35 min
2 TB Olive Oil
1 1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 TB chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 15-ounce can black beans
1 15-ounce can pinto beans
1 10-ounce can tomatoes with green chiles
Salt & Pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
12 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
One bag (about 10 ounces) corn chips

1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook for 7 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add the beans, with their liquid, and the tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

2. Stir in the cilantro, then top with chees, cover and let stand until the cheese melts, 5 to 10 minutes. Place a handful of corn chips in each bowl. Top with chili and serve. (We just put the cheese directly into each individual bowl and served with cornbread instead of chips.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails